Hawk's Gallery

Tuesday 1 May 2007

The Machine Daemon Host


Sit down."
Hammerhand sat. Ignatius Hawk stared down at him. "You delight in maliciously tinkering and innovating. Do you understand how dangerous you are at this time?"
"It was an accusation, a question and a statement Hammerhand pondered.
"Well?" snapped Hawk.
"I have done some but only at the direction of my Master Enginseer", Hammerhand stated.
"You will address me as Inquisitor, or as sir or as your honour if you prefer," spat Hawk.
"Yes Sir,Your Honour, Sir," retorted Hammerhand in distatste.
"Now, tell me about the Chimera and the innovations that your Master directed you to make and which he subsequently forgot so that when he discovered them on inspection of the vehicle he was alarmed."

So that’s what it is about thought Hammerhand. But why was my Master so alarmed that the Inquisition is involved. At worst I had thought if found I would be disciplined in the college and at best have the innovations might have been quietly adopted by the College of Enginseers.
"Do you want to live?" Demanded the Inquisitor. "You will whatever you say but unless you satisfy me you may live, if it can be called living, as a corpse host for a tamed daemon."
Hammerhand talked. After Hammerhand had finished. Inquisitor Ignatius Hawk was pensive.

Finally he stated, You have shown ingenuity far beyond your level of training. Where I wonder does that gift originate and will it be safe to leave here? It would be a waste to destroy it when your talent could serve the Inquisition."
After a pause.
"Can keep your mouth shut?", demanded Hawk, "If you can and agree to do so you will live as you understand the meaning of the words. If not I will have your corpse for a Daemon Host for that is what you deserve. You will serve the Machine Daemon Host!"

No comments: