Hawk's Gallery

Thursday 15 November 2007

Action Stations

Beneath the thatched roof the workshop was warm dry and impressively equipped. Tools were arranged in groups along the walls and in cupboards. There were power supplies of varying magnitude. Work surfaces, micro precision tools and micro manipulators along with both large and miniature furnaces. Every surface was clean and the floor swept.
Outside it looked like a shack and inside a paradise for Hammerhand.

"Mr Iridescent, you tell me that I can use this workshop for as long as I wish, and there is no charge, no payment, nothing owed."
"You must be completely correct about this as I have nothing to hand with which to settle any bills, nor do I wish to run up credit that will cause me and my benefactors any future embarrassment of any sort."
"Am I precisely clear about my position to you?"

"Your are, Sir and as I have already explained it is an honour too serve an Unreal Level such as yourself."
"I will pay the owners using my own resources which I assure you are ample for the purpose."
"In return I ask only one small thing."
It always comes finally down to a deal thought Hammerhand, even in a sense with Hawk. I would have been better slitting his gizzard as soon as Iridescent here stopped making sense.
"Please let me be your assistant while you complete your task here."
"First tell me your name," replied Hammerhand.

No comments: