Hawk's Gallery

Sunday 11 November 2007

Basic Assumptions

Rain dripped from the canopy of branches overhead. Hammerhand had not been dry since his splashdown.
"What did you say your name was?" questioned Hammerhand.
"As matter of fact I did not say anything of the sort," replied the small personage.
"I have told you my level and will tell you my resource designation, but we do not know each other well enough to exchange names."
Hammerhand thought.
"Who are the armoured warriors I have have seen?" Hammerhand tried. "They do not seem to be your sort."
"Indeed not. They are not our sort. As you know, I am certain, they are our guest labourers."
"By the way is this a test?"
"It certainly is," retorted Hammerhand. Just who is being tested is another question he thought.
"If I needed something repaired, to whom should I take it, my good fellow?" tried Hammerhand.

No comments: